Compare Listings

Many tour operators would still like an offer that is independent of Lufthansa. Alltours owner Willi Verhuven does not believe that the turbulence will have negative effects on the package travel business in the long term.

Many tour operators would still like an offer that is independent of Lufthansa. Alltours owner Willi Verhuven does not believe that the turbulence will have negative effects on the package travel business in the long term.

The bookings that were initially lost have been almost completely offset. Condor boss Ralf Teckentrup is convinced that the almost 60 aircraft will continue to be used for tourist traffic. Despite the uncertain future, the company has already approved the main features of the 2020/21 winter flight schedule for bookings, but with a state bridging loan of 380 million euros, it must have found new investors with the help of a trustee by spring.

A break-up of the Condor is not ruled out, because the creditors have the last word on the bid – and they look above all at the possible proceeds. While the low-cost airlines Easyjet and Ryanair / Lauda continue to expand in European traffic, there is a shortage of supply on long-haul tourist routes from Germany. The Tui has so far reacted cautiously to the Condor difficulties, initially only wants to bring two of its own long-haul jets into the air at Tuifly for the coming year. Lufthansa is working on converting its long-distance tourist program, which has so far been operated by its subsidiary Eurowings without any commercial success.

Many tour operators would still like an offer that is independent of Lufthansa. Alltours owner Willi Verhuven does not believe that the turbulence will have negative effects on the package travel business in the long term. “I can understand the disappointment of the people who looked forward to their vacation and then didn’t get it,” he said recently. “But people quickly forget. I think that there is no permanent effect.” Alltours expects more than two million guests for the first time in the current 2019/2020 financial year – an increase of more than 20 percent compared to the previous year. A good three quarters of the increase are due to the Thomas Cook bankruptcy. Industry expert Martin Lohmann also believes that long-term damage to the company’s image is unlikely. “I can’t imagine someone driving around in a camper because of that.” However, the bankruptcy may make the industry think.

She had put herself under pressure in the past with price wars. “That wouldn’t be necessary, the willingness to pay for travel is actually high,” says the managing director of the Kiel Institute for Tourism and Bathing Research in Northern Europe (NIT). The president of the DRV industry association, Norbert Fiebig, does not dare to make a forecast for the current one Tourism year. “But I am sure that people want and will continue to travel.” In the past tourism year (until October 31, 2019), sales with package tours and modular tours rose by two percent according to initial calculations. The package tour has always kept its performance promise in the past – in the event of bankruptcies, natural disasters, terrorist attacks or accidents. Thomas Cook is so far unique on this scale.

In any case, the sum insured in Germany, which has been limited to 110 million euros so far, is not enough for the mega bankruptcy. The federal government wants to help affected package holidaymakers. The state wants to cover the difference between what is reimbursed by customer insurance and what remains open. Source: ntv.de, Friederike Marx and Christian Ebner, dpa “” In 2019 there was a record low in corporate bankruptcies. (Photo: picture alliance / dpa) Last year, fewer companies in Germany had to file for bankruptcy as they have not for a long time.

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, companies fear a significant increase and are calling for unconventional solutions. The number of company bankruptcies fell last year to its lowest level since the introduction of the bankruptcy code in 1999.to kill a mockingbird conclusion As reported by the Federal Statistical Office, the local courts reported a total of 18,749 corporate insolvencies. That is 2.9 percent less than in 2018, so the last increase in bankruptcies occurred in the crisis year 2009.

At that time they had increased by 11.6 percent compared to the previous year. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, it is currently feared that more companies could slide into bankruptcy again this year. Business associations are therefore calling for rapid and unbureaucratic help from politicians, but there was an increase in 2019 for expected claims from creditors. The local courts put this at almost 26.8 billion euros. In 2018, the claims from requested corporate insolvencies were around 21.0 billion euros. The significant difference in outstanding debts despite the declining number of corporate bankruptcies was due to the fact that “more economically important companies filed for bankruptcy in 2019 than in 2018,” said the company Federal Statistical Office.

A prominent example of this last year was the insolvency of the tour operator Thomas Cook, which also slipped into crisis after the bankruptcy of the British parent company they rose 7.3 percent to 62,632 cases. The last time there was an increase in personal bankruptcies was in 2010. Source: ntv.de, ysc / AFP “” “News and information at a glance. Collection of articles by n-tv.de on the subject of Thomas Cookdpa In view of the aggravated situation in Iraq Germany’s leading travel providers TUI and Thomas Cook are now offering their customers free rebooking, and several US airlines reacted to the impending war with capacity cuts.

Business at the two largest German tourism groups TUI and Thomas Cook fell by six percent. In the n-tv interview, the company directors Michael Frenzel and Stefan Pichler comment on savings plans, cheap travel and consumers’ fear of war. The tourism industry is struggling with declining bookings.

Europe’s second largest tourism group, Thomas Cook, reports deep red figures for 2001/2002. TUI is also suing. And the latest data from the Federal Statistical Office show that fewer and fewer Germans are flying abroad. The second largest European travel company is uncertain whether it will achieve its cautious sales forecast for the current financial year of growth of three to four percent. The tour operator wants to save 500 jobs as part of a restructuring program.

The jobs are to be cut through natural fluctuation. Despite a significant drop in bookings during the first nine months of the current 2001/02 financial year (October 31), the travel group wants to achieve a clearly positive result before taxes. For 2003 subdued demand is expected. In the first half of 2002, the tourism group recorded a significant decline in the number of guests.

Due to the uncertain market situation, there was no annual forecast. The economic downturn and losses at the travel subsidiary Thomas Cook have ruined Europe’s largest department store and mail order group for the quarter. A forecast for the current financial year was not made due to “unclear macroeconomic prospects”. According to company sources, the turnover of Europe’s largest department store and mail order company should have plummeted in the first quarter.

The group only announced that it would cut the additional benefits for 60,000 employees by half. Europe’s second largest travel group, Thomas Cook, posted an increase in profits and sales in the past financial year 2000/2001, but was reluctant for the current year. “President Jiang Zemin and Premier Li Peng at a meeting in 1987. (Photo: REUTERS) More than ten years Li Peng is at the head of the Chinese government. During this time the brutal suppression of the democracy movement in China falls. He remains in office and then even rose formally. Now Li Peng died of cancer. China’s former Prime Minister Li Peng is dead.

The prime minister, who had been in office for more than a decade, died at the age of 90, according to the official Chinese news agency Xinhua. Li Peng became known around the world for his instrumental role in the bloody crackdown on the Tiananmen Square protests in Beijing in 1989. Xinhua reported that he died late Monday evening as a result of an incurable disease. In the past, the ex-head of government had to fight bladder cancer.

Until his death, Li, also known as the “butcher of Beijing”, was for many a symbol of state oppression in China. In view of the mass protests for more democracy on Tiananmen Square in Beijing, Li ordered martial law to be imposed on May 20, 1989. Two weeks later, on the evening of June 3, tens of thousands of soldiers with tanks and heavy troop transports advanced to the “Square of the Heavenly Peace “and fired automatic weapons at unarmed civilians.

Hundreds, and by some estimates even more than a thousand, were killed at that time. To date, Beijing does not allow the incidents to be dealt with, and although the decision to deploy the military was made jointly by the Beijing leadership, Li was largely blamed for the bloody crackdown. He later defended the shots at the demonstrators several times as a “necessary” step. “Without these measures, China would have been confronted with a worse situation than that in the former Soviet Union or in Eastern Europe,” he said during a visit to Austria in 1994. Li continued to have a negative image until the end of his political career in 2003. During state visits abroad, he was often confronted with massive protests. More than 2,000 people took to the streets in Paris in 1996, but he remained a member of the powerful Beijing Politburo for 15 years.

Long in the 1990s, he was number two after President Jiang Zemin. He was also chairman of the National People’s Congress until 2003. Born in 1928 in southwest Sichuan province, Li was adopted at the age of three by Zhou Enlai, who was China’s head of government for nearly three decades. Li’s biological father was killed in 1931 as a “martyr of the revolution” by the Kuomintang nationalists. Li joined the Communist Party at the age of 17. In 1948 he went to Moscow for seven years to study engineering.

After his return to China, he was able to escape the political turbulence of the Cultural Revolution between 1966 and 1976 thanks to the contacts made by his family. He quickly made a career in the energy ministry before finally becoming prime minister in 1987. Source: ntv.de, jwu / AFP “(Photo: dpa) China is trying with all its might to cover up the anniversary of the massacre in Beijing. The government is now apparently tightening it up Internet censorship again. Google users will have to – presumably temporarily – forego several services. China’s censorship is blocking access to Google services more than ever before.

The lockdowns are believed to be related to the upcoming 25th anniversary of the Beijing massacre on June 4, 1989 this Wednesday. But they could also be long-term, as experts said. Censorship hinders almost all Google services such as search, Gmail or Maps, as reported by the Greatfire.org website, which tracks China’s “Great Firewall”. “It is the strictest censorship so far that has been applied.” According to media reports, Google only announced: “We have checked extensively and there are no technical problems on our side.” The Internet giant has been encrypting all searches from China since March, but the Chinese authorities are already disrupting connections to Google’s Internet protocol addresses, such as Greatfire .org reported.

Since Google withdrew from China in 2010 in order not to have to further censor itself, users have been automatically redirected to the Google search page in Hong Kong, which no longer works. Although Google does not have a large market share in China anyway, it should be loud Experts, millions of Chinese Internet users are affected by the massive disruptions. The market leader in China is the search engine Baidu, which censors its searches. In any case, social networks such as Facebook and Twitter as well as Youtube or websites of human rights organizations and foreign media such as the New York Times or the Bloomberg news agency are blocked. Many Chinese bypass the Chinese barriers with tunnel services, but the disruptions of such VPN connections seem to have intensified again before the anniversary, as users complain.

Foreign companies in China are also affected by disabilities, with security measures being tightened drastically ahead of the anniversary of the bloody crackdown on the democracy movement. Dozens of critics across the country were arrested, placed under house arrest, interrogated or warned in order to prevent any memory of the victims of the brutal military operation, as criticized by human rights groups. Foreign correspondents in China also complained of “increasing disabilities and intimidation” in their reporting before the delicate anniversary. Source: ntv.de, jog / dpa “Seehofer during his visit to Tiananmen Square. (Photo: dpa) At the start of his China -Trip, the Beijing police familiarize the Bavarian Prime Minister Seehofer with local customs on Tiananmen Square: They prevent filming with the politician and allow the area to be cleared. Prime Minister Horst Seehofer’s visit to China in Beijing began with a small incident a camera and photo session in front of the “Gate of Heavenly Peace” the police stepped in. They prevented an interview of the CSU politician with camera teams of the Bavarian TV and the State Chancellery .

Another police officer said the maximum allowed two minutes of shooting time had been exceeded. When the onlookers gathered, the security forces cleared the place in no time at all. Tiananmen Square is one of the most closely guarded places in the world. In October 2013, Uighur separatists carried out an attack there and killed five people.

The government also fears that people in the square might remember the massacre on June 4, 1989, around 25 years ago, when the police stole the cell phone of an innocent Chinese man because he had recorded the scene. The television interview with Seehofer then took place elsewhere – out of sight of the population in the inner courtyard of the nearby cultural palace of the working people. Source: ntv.de, bdk / dpa “” For years, the incorrect information in the media that the student The massacre in Beijing was on Tiananmen Square. (Photo: dpa) Tiananmen Square in Beijing is the 4th

Related posts

The Advantage Of Intensive Driving Courses Wolverhampton – Driving Tips

Article traffic school 8 hour course With the opportunity to make a successful life, it’s no...

Continue reading

Blog was sind generika? wichtiger Hinweis

Artikel medizin online Magens. Sie ist gekennzeichnet durch Völlegefühl, Magendruck und...

Continue reading

Mail Handler Job Description Resume

Articleid183 best resume writers BEIRUT, Oct 4 (Reuters) - Lebanon has resumed "interactions" with...

Continue reading